Friday, April 30, 2010

I don't speak French so I will settle for wearing stripes

I would have been present at a barbeque party (is it possible to combine those two words?) tonight, but as this is Ireland it has been raining, raining, raining...

The barbeque was supposed to have been a team event with people from my (help)desk attending. I wanted to go and was really looking forward to it, but as it was pouring down I didn't bother going. I didn't look forward to sitting outside and being cold (there is a roof over the outdoors area in the country club we had planned to have the bbq, so supposedly it would have been possible to still have it, even in rain), nor could I afford to stay indoors the whole night and have drinks. The economy will be tight for the next 7 days until me and Karl get payed.

So instead of getting to know the people on my desk better, I have been cozied up in bed, browsing eBay. And before you ask, Yes, it is an addiction. Unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment