Thursday, April 29, 2010

Autumn has found me

My mom told me once that I used to refuse to wear bright colours when I was little. A little shocked - as I could not remember any such behaviour - I could also see a possible explanation for it. As a young child I was a tomboy, but maybe more to the point, bullied for many years and due to this not very keen on getting any attention if I could have any sort of saying in it.


As a person whose closet in large parts consists of items in a myriad of different shades of green, turquoise and purple, it seems strange to imagine I could have had such a dislike for such pretty colours.
Another dislike of mine when it comes to colour, which has been a dislike of mine for as long as I can remember, is one for autumn colours. I have never liked brown, mustard, yellow, orange or red. Brown, red and orange have especially been colours which have made me cringe and the pure thought of wearing anything in these colours have made me feel uneasy. Lately, as you might have figured out from the above picture, things seem to have changed. 

I seem to have grown a apprechiation for mustard (it is after all related to lime, which I have always liked) and there have been red items dipping down into my closet for quite a while now. Orange is still a strong dislike of mine though. The dress which I am wearing in the picture, and also whilst typing this, is the only item I own which has orange on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment