Saturday, May 8, 2010

Enchanted forests and beauties so innocent

I remember coming across this picture of Rachel Weisz when it was released back in 2007 and thinking it was absolutely stunning. It never crossed my mind to use it as my wallpaper, so this time I saved it asap and quickly changed it to appear as my desktop background. The photo is taken by Annie Leibovitz, who always takes wonderful pictures. 
I have a soft spot for fairytales and for movies, pictures and fashion that are are inspired by them. I still haven't seen the Alice in Wonderland film, but I was thrilled to see it remade and all the obsession for the story it created. Maybe in the future we will see more fairytales remade. I'm thinking Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty as well as The Wizard of Oz. I hope the next time around that this mass hysteria for fairytales break out, I could be allowed to be inspired by it and have some of my designs winding up produced somewhere as I simply love the whole fairytale theme and am totally in love with designing clothes in this style.

What do you think about fairy tales? 

No comments:

Post a Comment