Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lazy, lazy, lazy - as a Weekend Should Be

The weekend has been very slow and relaxed, but I am not complaining. Me and Karl went and rented some movies from the moviestore and were cuddled up on the couch while Karl's son and the kitten were busy playing, taking turns in doing so on their own and together. I got very tired.
It was Karl's turn to make dinner on Saturday and he made a Chinese stir fry. The cat tried as always to attack the food. Oh, I forgot to mention - we finally named the kitten; Scratchy. God only knows if she will ever learn that this is her name, as I usually am too busy airkissing her and talking to her in a babyvoice while calling her "kittie" whilst trying to communicate to her in the form of meows.
After that we watched even more movies. Today, unfortunately, we were both suffering from headaches, no blame to be put on alcohol, as we had consumed none.
I finished the book I have been reading over the weekend; Stephen King's Firestarter. It was really good, I highly recommend it. I have noticed none of his books are actually scary, but I like his books as he always builds up an emotional relationship between you and the characters. It feels like you have known them for a long time and any book that can do that is good in my mind. 

I have now started reading Mitch Albom's Tuesdays with Morrie. I never saw the movie, and I have heard a lot about the book. Whilst reading the first few chapters I am left with a feeling of how this could possibly be based on a true story, by the way it has been written. I did a quick Google search and was able to see it is indeed based on a true story. They should have pointed it out a bit more obviously. What are your thoughts on these two books?

No comments:

Post a Comment