Sunday, May 23, 2010

How to Spend a Thursday in the Irish Sun

The last few weeks I have been yearning for summer and for warmer temperatures. Weather in Ireland tends to stay mostly the same with winter being of course much colder, but spring, summer and autumn featuring the same lower temperatures. When summer arrives there is still a lot of rain and drizzle and the time I have been in Ireland I have noticed that when it does get warm it only stays for a few days.
You can imagine my delight when on Thursday I come home from work and noticed that the sun was beaming down hot and that there was no breeze.

I dragged a reluctant Karl out onto the backyard lawn along with a duvet cover and pillows. Once outside, armed with a book and leaning back on the pillows, he was happy to be sitting out on the grass.
That morning I had been able to use my new spring coat in the morning. It has been used a few times but never from early mornings, as it has been too cold. It was brought along to our little rest on the lawn as I wasn't sure how soon the weather would turn cold.
I started reading a fantasy book, but had a hard time concentrating as I was too busy enjoying the warm sun and taking photographs.
Karl was on the other hand totally engrossed in his book.
Karl found some Mark Knopfler and Mike Oldfield tunes on his iPhone which he put on in the background. I turned the music off after 10 minutes or so as the silence was very relaxing.
It got cold soon enough and we went back inside. It was nevertheless a very wonderful Thursday.
At some point I brought out Scratchy and spent about an hour playing with her and watching her sneaking around on the lawn and climbing the tree. I took quite a few pictures that are too cute not to share, but as it is getting quite late for me and I need to retire to bed, I will have to post these tomorrow. 

3 comments:

  1. Re: thanks! they ARE very chill ;)
    ooh you live in dublin? jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog! I love how you documented life with your pictures :-D

    xoxo Bardot in Blue
    http://bardotinblue.com

    ReplyDelete