Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And then I turned 22...

I don't know where all the days and time went, and I don't know where my Birthday posting went. Here are anyways the pictures from my 22nd birthday. Karl had planned a day of little events, which in the end wasn't even followed, as we went to bed too late the night before, got up too late and left the apartment too late. It was still a nice day though!

He woke me up to breakfast in bed. And yes, that is an awful lot of fruit in one serving.

The kittie ruined half a roll of toilet paper and was darn cute in the process of it.

We took the car and drove...

There was a group of majestic trees that faded into a number of different colours. I couldn't believe how beautiful they were.

...to the trainstation and took the train in to city centre.


I found a smiley on the tray in front of me on the train.

We walked and walked and I didn't know where we were or where we were going.

The weather was wonderful and I saw colourful things that made me happy.


 We walked by a bar I want to visit some day.


After only getting lost once, we came to the Botanical Garden.


There were loads of beautiful flowers everywhere and the sun was warming my skin as we walked around.


I had never been there before. I fell in love with the greenhouses which looked like mystical Victorian greenhouses.

We found a rainforest in one of the greenhouses. It was very damp and it felt like it was raining. I didn't bring an umbrella!


We also found a jungle hut!

There was a room of cactuses. I told Karl I had heard you can drink water which can be found in a cactus and that this can be a life saver if you are in the desert. Could anybody tell me where I can buy cactus water? Or rather, where I can buy a 6 foot long cactus?!

Karl had wanted to have a picnic in the Botanical Garden, but as I mentioned previously, we had not kept to our "schedule" and left things too late. Instead we said "Goodbye" to the gates and took a bus further into the city.


We made a spontanious stop at a was exhibition. I was a bit doubtful, but Karl persevered.


We saw beautiful paintings in inspiring colours.


I was held up at gun point.

And saw beautiful gowns up close. 


Karl turned into an evil gangster and tried to shoot me down.


We saw the Simpsons.

And I found Santa locked into a container with windows. There was a little mailslot with his email address also listed.

We went to Starbucks. I have never been to Starbucks before. Ordering made me nervous as the titles were quite long and complicated. The coffee with a 45 character-long-name was pleasant but not as good as the Cinnamon bun.

We walked around the city. I enjoyed being back in city center. Dublin is a beautiful city. I like the heartbeat of the city.


We thought about going to the movies or going for something to eat. It got rather chilly though and we wound up taking the train home.

We ordered Domino's and some creamcake which Karl had made the night before. There are no pictures of neither pizza nor cake, as they were gone before you could have blinked twice.

P.S. I have almost given up trying to align all of the pictures and removing all the extra space between them. Blogger doesn't want to grant me the pleasure of getting it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment