Sunday, June 13, 2010

Roadtrip Out to the Countryside

The weather was not on our side on Saturday, it was only ok, not warm and fabulous. I wanted to go to a beach, as I yet haven't experienced Irish beaches nor swimming in the (cold?) water, but I had to settle for a drive out to the countryside and a little bit of exploring instead.


Breakfast consisted of fruit juice and a toasted sandwhich with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese.


Then we drove out and took turns, and roads and didn't keep too much track of where we were going.


Karl was the designated driver as I don't have a driver's licence. I was playing papparazzi instead and waited for scenery that was begging to be shot.


We had to stop for petrol and I realiced I'm jealous over Karl's son's freckles as freckles are incredibly adorable.


We saw about five different churches, as Ireland has beautiful churches everywhere.


We wound up in Maynooth. 


We walked around the town and went to a few shops. I found a coat in wool with an oversized collar, perfect in every way, as well as being marked down, but it was a few sizes too small and sleeves/overall fit was a bit off. Good thing to be a seamstress, so you can take pictures of the collar/chest and take a note of how it is made, and maybe create a replica sometime in the future if you happen to have time/wool laying around.


We decided to grab something to eat in a diner in town. At one point about 20 kiddies stormed in with parents and we had to wait for our food for a little extra.


I felt like Minnie Mouse in my stripes and bows.


Karl stole my Dublin jersey, which to be fair, he gave to me a few months back as he thought it looked so good on me.

We met Karl's coach in the same diner. He spent a good while arguing over workrelated things and as he left we headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment