Saturday, November 27, 2010

Snowflakes and a Night Sky

 Ireland does usually not have snow, and the temperatures do not usually drop down too low either. I have been in Ireland for two years and experienced snow during my first winter here. The snow only lasted a couple of days and unfortunately did not return at any later stage of the winter.

I was very excited to see snow as it made me feel like I was home in Finland. Ireland is a very nice country, but it can become a bit dull to constantly have the either lukewarm or nippy weather, with the drizzles and showers of rain making frequent appearances.

This evening I looked out the window and to my amazement I saw snow! I had to rush out and take some pictures of the landscape being covered in a light layer of beautiful snow.


I really hope the snow will still be there tomorrow when I wake up! I might make a snowball lantern or a snowman.

1 comment: