Monday, November 29, 2010

Strumming, Fingering and Playing my Baby

Me in a very grainy webcam image -  July, 2007

Speaking of guitars... I should start playing again. I have a beautiful Fender Stratocaster that I bought after working in a bakery for an entire summer. It was early shifts and dreadfully monotone work, but I knew what I was saving up for; a real Fender!

I only worked two or three days per week, but at the end of the summer I had just enough to buy a second hand Fender online, as well as a little amplifier.

The guitar has been a very dear friend to me over the few years I have had it, and it was one of the very few things that followed with me to Ireland. I bought the guitar on a Finnish auction site and I can remember the excitement of going to the post office to collect it, rushing home (as much as you can rush when you are carrying a heavy, bulky item) and carefully, carefully opening the package with a knife. I was amazed at finally holding and owning my very first guitar, and I carefully explored and caressed every inch of it. Going to bed that night, I placed the guitar in the middle of the room and had troubles falling asleep, as I couldn't stop myself looking at it.

Now my guitar is feeling lonely and I need to start playing it again. I think I will make it one of my New Year's Resolutions to start playing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment