Monday, December 27, 2010

The end of Christmas

I'm sad that January and the New Year is creeping up as Christmas is my favourite time of the year.

What could be better than staying indoors with the people you care for the most, with treacherously cold winds blowing outside? Presents being exchanged, great food being enjoyed, surrounding you with smells and tastes that take you back to the simpler times of your childhood... Christmas will forever be able to turn me into a big child and I will always dread the end of the Holiday, the big sentimental sop that I am.

I want to share my favourite Christmas song with you, "The first Noel" sung by the wonderful Mahalia Jackson:




I will also share Karl's favourite Christmas song, "Fairytale of New York" sung by The Pogues and Kirsty McColl:



If you go out in Ireland during Christmas, this is the song that is played as the last song, just before closing time. This is why the song symbolizes the ending of something for me, so it is with a heavy heart that I am posting it.

I haven't shared all the photographs from this year's Christmas so those are still to come. I will be drenching you in Christmas spirit shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment