Thursday, May 19, 2011

Roses covered in Dust


The first bouquet of flowers I ever received from a boy is stored in the upstairs hallway of my family home in Finland. They are kept out for display and can be seen just as you climb up the the last few steps. They were covered in dust the last time I saw them. They were looking a bit battered as the petals seem to have fallen off one or two of the stems.

While the person that gave them to me did a lot of harm in my life, I still felt I couldn't throw the flowers away, as they were not the ones that had betrayed me.

The memories are long forgotten but it still feels reassuring that those roses are still in that white vase. Even though they are covered in dust and the petals are missing on one or two of the whitered stems.

No comments:

Post a Comment