Thursday, June 16, 2011

Slumber-Party-BBQ, Canoeing and Absinthe makes for a Deadly Weekend Part II


The next day we sat in the havoc that was the scene of yesterday's drunken mess of a party - most of the cans having had been cleared away by some early risers - and continued to enjoy the sun. 

We continued to stuff our faces with food, but less frantically due to now being hungover instead of drunk. Somebody decided it was a great day for canoeing and I was asked to join them. Two canoes were stuffed into a big white van and we drove to a nearby park.



I have never canoed before and gladly accepted the offer. I think I impressed Darren by actually wanting to get into the waters and continued to surprise myself by not capsizing once as I went down the quickly gushing river. 

I felt a bit stupid canoeing in pantyhose/sweatpants/borrowed over-sized male runners and I got completely soaked but I absolutely loved it! I can't believe how much I had!!



P.S. I tried absinthe for the first time as one of the girls at the party had a small bottle of the green liquid. Everybody else seemed to be of the impression that it burned going down their throats, but I don't know what they were talking about!

2 comments:

  1. I looove loove loove the title of this post! I am big fan of Absinthe, but it was more something I obsessed my drinking with a few years back. I sound like such an alcoholic, hey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, thank you, I thought the title was rather interesting myself :P. You do perhaps sound a bit like an alcoholic, but most young people do when they talk about drinking or parties :P. I read up on Absinthe after I tried it and apparently there is a routine of how to prepare it.... I want to try this :D. Not just down some from a bottle!!

    ReplyDelete