Sunday, December 25, 2011

Staying in touch


I was up very late yesterday even though there wasn't much on TV during the early hours. Sometimes I find it difficult to go to bed and it has been a bit of a tradition for me to stay up late during Christmas. I was woken up this afternoon by my phone ringing. I groggily answered and it was my mother, calling to have a chat and to wish me Merry Christmas. There was a lot of exchange of gossip and my mother also wanted to check that I'm fine. I have to admit that I'm a bit (ok... very) bad in replying to emails, so at times I am sure she feels a bit left out of my life. I should probably make this a thing to improve for next year!

The picture is of my mother's cat. She took it in when it was only a few weeks old, as it's mother had abandoned it. She cared for it and fed it, and now has a bubbly little cat running around the house. It apparently loves water and has even been in the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment