Thursday, January 12, 2012

Let's, Let's, Let us go to the Museum!

Here are some of the pictures I took during my spure of the moment embrace of culture. I have to admit that I'm not very good at reading the information on the posters and signs whenever I visit a museum. Simply put: Don't ask me to recite long paragraphs of information about the subjects in the pictures I took. Nontheless I am able to share that most of the items on display in the museum are to do with Irish history.

Anyway, let's have a look!


There was a big sign close to the entry, that exclaimed in colourful text all that could be experienced inside.


I saw this old uniform jacket and was fascinated by the absolutely stunning metal flowers that are attached to the collar.


Pow! Guns may kill people, but vintage guns look less intimidating. Romantical death weapons, eh!


Fortunately I had brought my camera out with me and was able to take pictures throughout the day, and I was walking around the museum with it hanging around my neck. Just before we left, John pointed out this sign to me which states that photography is not allowed. I took pictures in front of a few employees but nobody said anything to me.


I love the dramatic effect of these drawings, along with the lights and the red wall behind it all.


There was a room dedicated to the history of duels. It was very interesting to read how many duels had taken place in the Ireland of the 1800s and early 1900s and for which reasons.


Another very detailed uniform! I wore my sailor jacket and you can see me in the reflection.


It was dark by the time we left. Here is John - an old friend of Nuala, Nuala and finally John.

5 comments:

  1. Hello,very nice shots...i'm a MK fan and i like photo of cloud...and a lot of other subject, and english is not my first language :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^. It's cool you also like MK. You're doing fine with the English, so don't worry!

      Delete
  2. So why can't you take photos then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your pictures! i'm doing a project for my costume design class, hope you don't mind that i use one or two of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you like them ^_^. I don't mind if you use some of the pictures for your project, in general my view on my pictures is that they can be re-blogged etc, as long as they're properly credited and linked to, but I realice you can't exactly link to my blog in your project ;). Good luck with it!

      Delete