Tuesday, January 31, 2012

People tell me I'm Committed - No Doughnuts for 30 Days, You tell Me


I had never made new year's resolutions until last year. I don't know why I decided to make 2011 different, but I wrote a blog entry with the things I wished to change throughout the year and it genuinely was my intention to try and do so. Now that a whole year has passed, I can look at the list and grunt at my lack of commitment towards said resolutions. 

Did I learn French? Afraid not. Did I use my sewing machine? It still needs needles. Did I sort out my wardrobe and keep it from a constant state of hysteria? Mmmm... no. Did I stop going to bed with my cabaret face on? Eh....

I didn't make any resolutions this year. I guess it's not too late yet, but I have a feeling that I would simply publish a blog entry with noble goals which I would pursue for as long as it would take me to hit the "Publish" button of said blog entry, and they would be forgotten and left to retire into my archives.

Resolution or not, I am still interested in finding my way towards a healthier way to live. This year, I have decided to try different ways of eating. I have spent a lot of time reading about what to eat, what to not eat, how to prepare different kinds of food, and I have decided to not eat any sugar or flour, and to stay as clear of any artificial colours, additives (etc) as I can. The result is that my food shopping usually looks something similar to above: Organic vegetables when possible, no foods with artificial additives, raw milk, coconut oil (for frying) and sea spaghetti. 

I've lost a bit of weight and I feel as if I have more energy. I've also noticed that I'm getting a bit more adventurous and secure in my cooking as I'm actually forced to prepare things as otherwise I'll have nothing to eat due to my limitations on what I can't eat. I don't know how long I'll eat this way but I regard it as an interesting experiment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment