Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Ever Dreaded...


My birthday is coming up soon as May is quickly approaching. I am turning the...erhm...big two-four. 

At work we seem to have been discussing age a lot lately. I would be inclined to think it has something to do with the fact that there are a lot of birthdays in the coming few summer months. 

Each year, no matter the age of the individual, it seems to be a matter of great despair: Turning another year older. Some people seem to shrug the day off without much worry (and thus they do not start early work on those worry lines, how clever...) and I belong - to some extent - to this group. 

What I seem to get caught up over is the fact that every year I get a new number to call my own, a number which seems so unfamiliar. You would think I'd be used to the idea of this new number now defining me, as I have had a whole year to prepare but every year it feels so strange, so bizarre. 

A few weeks and I'll be able to experience deja vú.

2 comments:

  1. It took me too long to get used to being 25, now I'm dreading to turn twenty-six... :( I don't want to get old...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you say you're turning 26 you don't sound old but when I think about turning 24 it feels like I'm becoming a pensioner XD. Have you ever given any thought to whether you will lie about your age?

      Delete