Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Sunday but no Adventure

I was supposed to go on a mini adventure this Sunday and head out and take some pictures of whichever unexplored part of Ireland my friend I would agree on. I suggested Howth to her, but instead of "YAY, perfect, let's go!" I received a textmessage saying she was not feeling well and we would have to cancel our adventure. 

Ah. Well. I guess it's an excuse to post the below photographs of Laytown which I took ages and ages ago. There will be a slightly awkward handover period where I will try to post all the wonderful pictures I took while with John that I never got around to sharing. I'm sure I will immensely confuse people who do not read my blog on a regular basis by making my breakup manifesto blend in with all the wedding, weekend trip and other posts of what John and I got up to. It cannot be helped, I've got me some damn fine pictures and I need to share them.

For instance, the below. Pretty, non? I actually ventured into the ocean on this trip. In September! Decked out in my black polka dotted 50's slightly high-waisted bikini bottoms and halterneck top I waded out into the water. I was very excited to get to dip myself in water, but even though I spend five minutes wading out further and further, I was not able to get into water that was deeper than up to my knees. Stupid tide! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm living in Ireland as well and came across with your blog here... Can you tell me where is this please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in Laytown :). It's close to Drogheda.

      Delete