Tuesday, September 11, 2012

How are Things?


You may remember that I made an announcement a few months ago that I had finally been a brave little kitten and gotten a new job. I had known for quite some time that I was not happy where I was and that it was time to move on. I was scared though.... Of the unknown, of change and of being the new person... The fumbly, awkward person who doesn't know anybody in the office and who hasn't got the faintest idea of what they're doing.

I shouldn't have been so nervous. My first day was great and I left the office later that day with a big smile on my face. It's a fairly small office but what it lacks in grandeur it makes up for in atmosphere. I love my department and everybody gets on great. We work away like monkeys, banging away on our keyboards but will stop up for chats/bantering/venting here and there. There's a few Italian people but other than that everybody is from different countries so there's not much in terms of clicks going on and it's quite refreshing to mix and not just stick to your own nationality, which tends to happen a lot in call centers. 

I've been here for six months now and it's a huge improvement from my last job. I am actually happy with what I do at the moment. I don't wake up and feel depressed over having to go to work and face my crummy workload. I used to do this and it's not a pleasant experience. Now I wake up and get grumpy I have to get out of a warm bed. 

I do have to admit that I'm feeling a bit stressed at the moment though. The workload has gone up a little bit and it feels as if people have been tugging at me from many directions. I decided to take off the Thursday and Friday of this week so I have been pushing through all the things I need to get done before I leave. I don't have any special plans, I just intend on making sure I relax as much as possible and float around, doing things I enjoy. Roll on Thursday! A very long weekend is just the thing I need!

1 comment:

  1. What's with cards? Have you turned to gambling?

    ReplyDelete