Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cold Hands, Stiff Feet and Snow Covered Rooftops


The heating in the house is currently not working. The landlord told me that he would call a repairman tomorrow so somebody could come and have a look at it. The house is freezing! I might be going to the cinema a bit later tonight but part of my motivation is to be able to sit in a room where my hands don't feel like ice cubes.

Speaking of ice cubes: I did a very adult thing yesterday and attended my very first protest march. My footwear was ballerinas and I only had the thin layer of pantyhose to cover my feet. We did a march through town and at the end there were a few speakers. My feet got so cold that at some stage when I shuffled around and lifted my right foot, I almost fell over because my feet were so numb. I won't go into detail about what the march was for as my blog is not a political platform but I will say it was nice to take part in something.

As for the pictures: These are from December of last year. I wouldn't have been able to tell you we had snow since my memory regarding seasons and weather is not the best, but apparently we did get a little bit of snow. There has been rumours that we will also get snow this year so I am keeping my fingers crossed we do, but that it only starts snowing once I have worked the last day of the year and take the large number of unused holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment