Wednesday, November 14, 2012

You Don't Know what you Have Until it's Gone


Praise the Lord, I can (kind of) use my feet again!

I have spent the past three weeks limping around in agony. It all started when I got a big blister on my foot from wearing new shoes. It was uncomfortable but manageable. About a week later I managed to get a really deep cut when shaving. The first one had refused to heal but the second one got infected. I woke up one morning to find that I had a cankle (sexy, *roawr*) and the next day it had become even more swollen and  also very painful. At work I had to ask my teamleader whether I could leave 10 minutes earlier as I wanted to catch he bus that stops pretty much outside my house as I wasn't in much of a state of walking. I left 10 minutes earlier thinking it would be plenty of time but the two minute walk did actually take me 10 minutes.

I complained on Facebook (as one does in these kinds of situations) about having the right foot the size of Hulk and my friend, bless his heart, Photoshopped this picture. That's some serious artwork right there.

I have felt slightly handicapped the last few weeks. Especially as I haven't been able to go for any runs. I've started running everywhere; to the shop, to the cinema, to the post office. Now my foot is finally starting to heal and I can't wait to hit the pavement.

I took a picture of my Hulk foot at it's worst but I didn't want to gross everybody out. If it's too gross to post on Facebook it's too gross to be featured here. I did however have these pictures of my favourite ballerinas (they're gold!!! Bling bling on my feet!) and my cute flowery socks. I usually don't like clashing patterns but somehow I thought this combination worked really well. I think I need to go and buy some socks, I basically live in pantyhose and whenever I find myself looking for socks in the morning (of course when I'm in a hurry) I can only ever find two socks that of course do not match. The socks of my past boyfriends used to be the socks of mine.

By the way, am I the only one who really loves black and white tiled floors?

No comments:

Post a Comment