Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Town With a Love for Fish

Me and Annika had the mother of a gossip fest and waffled the ears off of each other. The café got a little bit cold so once we started packing on our clothes which we had shed when arriving, we decided it as time to move on. We had managed to spend a good few hours in the café. Gossip fest, yes it was.

We had decided to go on a little bit of a trip but had a little bit of a hard time to decide on where to go. Dun Laoghaire, Howth and Bray were all similarly appealing options. I told Annika she should decide as she was the "tourist" while I live here and can go anywhere anytime. She decided we should go to Howth so onwards to Howth it was!

To go to Howth one takes the Dart. One look at the seats of the Dart and you feel as if you've been transformed into the 70's. Groovy.


You can quickly read the comic strip graffiti at Killbarrack if you find yourself bored. It's an interesting concept, I have never seen this before.


The weather could have been better. It had been raining most of the morning and there was a soft drizzle but a cold, strong wind, as we had a little walk around.


This was taken from a very an illustrated (and very cute) map of Howth.


Two kayaks. Don't ask me the difference between a kayak and a canoe. Apparently the yellow kayak was more special than the blue was as it was wrapped in plastic.


Annika looking out for pirates?


A light house!! Adorable much?


A bit of posing. We walked up some very steep stone steps to stand where we are in this picture. I swear I thought I was going to fall when I was making my way down the steps again.


The boats were very colourful and cheerful to look at. Looking at all the equipment made it fun to imagine what it's like to be a fisherman.


Another picture of Annika being even more concerned over pirates.


I was happy to be wearing socks. My feet were still a little bit cold but I guess you should expect to be when wearing ballerinas. My socks not only matched my ballerinas but were also festive and jolly.

No comments:

Post a Comment