Saturday, December 15, 2012

Crab Legs and Fairy Lights

When we felt we had seeped in enough of the sea air and gotten frozen enough to want to head indoors we decided we should get something to eat. I was starving! 

We decided to try a place called The Brass Monkey which we had passed earlier. The short street we walked down actually had quite a few restaurants on it but The Brass Monkey looked so cozy we thought we couldn't pass it up.


The person who did this should be very, very proud of themselves. I love it!


Look, they even had adorable tables and benches outside!


The place was busy enough and we chose a table by the window, giving us a good view of the street but also  of the inside of the restaurant. I'm a big softie for Christmas decorations so I fell in love with this reef. Annika fell in love with the big radiator which it was hanging off of. She got very cozy with it.


I actually always struggle to pick what to order and I do believe Annika agreed to suffer from the same problem, but we managed to make up our minds rather quickly. I guess hunger will have that effect on somebody. Annika got the seafood chowder. I've never had chowder. She said it was wonderful. I loved how dramatic the big crab legs made the soup look.


Fairy lights! I love fairy lights, they are so cozy.


I was rather hungry so I chose to go for a goat's cheese tart with some type of mini salad on the sad as well as a main. Om nom.


There was a picture of a facepalming monkey just beside us. 


My portion of lamb was not only huge but also very, very tasty.


A smiling Annika looking very festive with the facepalming monkey and the Christmas reef behind her.


These are the empty shells of the mussels that were in Annika's chowder. The cool crab leg is peeking out from underneath them.


It was dark by the time we left and headed back to the trainstation. I had an absolutely time and it was so nice to catch up with Annika. I'm not sure when I'll see her again but hopefully when I do the catching up will be as hearty and the food as tasty. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you eat out a lot. Don't think i've eaten out in 30 years. Not much any way.

    ReplyDelete