Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Santa's Identity? Secret

We had Secret Santa a few days before the office would close for Christmas. We had all been advised to draw a note with a scribbled name onto it from a hat and given a deadline by when the present would have to be placed underneath the Christmas tree we had in our office. 

The days passed and we came closer and closer to the deadline. There were only a few measly presents under the tree. It seemed that we were all procrastinating and saving our present shopping for the last minute as an abundance of presents appeared underneath the tree on the day of the present opening. I have to admit I was guilty of shopping for the my Secret Santa present the day before and wrapping it the next morning before hauling my gift to work.


I have to admit that the sight of presents under the tree doesn't look quite so impressive here, but I do believe this picture was taken after a good number of presents had been opened. 

My present is the first red, smaller, present in the front. Whoever my Secret Santa was bought me fluffy red/white socks and a set of face wash/lotions. I was a little bit worried I would get something like the face wash-set I got simply because it's a very easy gift to buy for a girl but unfortunately I wouldn't find much use for it. I'm not big on lotions and potions that go on different parts of your body. My beauty routine is rather simple: Shower. It's the thought that counts though, so thank you Secret Santa. I can also say that I was genuinely happy for my fluffy socks. I'm wearing one pair as I type this!


Excited little children tearing open presents! I'm not sure what Jelle got but Gael got a miniature Porsche replica. He was a little bit surprised but I jokingly noted he would definitely be speeding the little toy across the floor of his apartment as soon as he got home.


The girl in the leopard dress (remember how nobody knows anybody's name in our office?) did most of the handing out of the presents but somebody's little girl was also bravely handing out a few presents. I say bravely, because at her age I was excruciatingly shy and would not have agreed to do such a thing.


It may be a little bit silly but I love looking at wrapped presents. I love the papers, ribbons, patterns, colours... .


At the end of the frenzied gift opening we were all ushered into somebody's office as we were told there was a present waiting for us. It was a present from the company and I got very giddy and excited to see that the company wanted to give me wine (a choice of red and white, I of course picked red) and a box of chocolate. Wine and chocolate? YAY!! (Easily excited, me?)

No comments:

Post a Comment